LEFT OVER TURKEY OR VEGETABLE SPICY STIR FRY.
This recipe is ideal for using up left overs from the Christmas table. Any left over meat will do. If you prefer vegetarian leave out the meat & see suggestions below.
Add left over meat at the end of the recipe
Serves 2. Time taken Prep 20mins Cooking 10mins, Gluten & Dairy Free. Vegetarian if you replace the meat with, cooked pulses (chickpeas) or add chopped aubergine chunks (salted for 20mins & drained) with the onion. ALLERGENS IN BOLD
Leftover Turkey, Pork etc sliced into thin strips.
1, Red Onion Peeled & Thinly sliced.
4, Celery Stalks, Thinly sliced.
1, small fresh chilli, finely chopped
1/2inch Fresh Ginger,finely chopped
1, Stalk of Lemon Grass, Outer removed & finely chopped.
1, Large Red Pepper, deseeded & cut into strips
2, cloves of smoked Garlic, peeled & crushed
1, tbspn Curry Powder
2, tbspns Sweet Chilli Jam. (Pot of What, Homemade in the Cotswolds is to die for www.potofwhat.co.uk )
1, Vegetable Stock Cube.
3, tbspns Unsalted Cashew Nuts
2, tbspns Flame raisins. (May contain sulphites)
1. In a large wok heat 2tbspns Ground Nut or Rapeseed Oil.
2. ( If you are omitting the meat stir fry the Aubergine)
3. Lower the heat slightly add the lemongrass, ginger, chilli, celery & onion. Continue to stir fry for 2mins.
4. Stir in the curry powder & crumbled stock cube, fry 1min. If using cooked leftovers add now.)
5. Add the Chilli jam, smoked garlic, nuts, sultanas, & red pepper. Continue to stir fry for a further 2 mins until piping hot.
NOTE: If you like a more moist dish, add a couple of tablespoons of boiling water.
Serve with wholegrain basmati rice, noodles, pearled spelt or as a filling for baked Sweet Potatoes.
Get creative cookies. Let me know how it goes, leave a comment or ask a question.